Wednesday, October 13, 2010

While cleaning out the closet the other day, I found my old 870 Wingmaster. At least 15 years ago, I broke the firing pin while pumping shells through it out in Nevada, and it has been waiting patiently in the back of the closet, behind some old shirts, for me to get it together and make it work again.

So, I bought a new firing pin, got it in, and then decided to make the old shotgun into something a bit different. It was down to the hardware store and into the paint department. After a bit of research on the internet, I got busy.

Here is what he 870 started out looking like.


Here it is after a lot of sanding, some primer, and a coat of dark granite textured spray paint.

Finally, some stencils were made and the shotgun was ¨camo'ed¨ just right. I think it looks good, and the 14 year old declared it was ¨ beast! ¨ The ultimate shotgun in it's final form below.


1 comment: