Friday, June 14, 2013

It really has come down to this:

  "The other day, my college age son quietly went around the house and put electricians tape over the camera lenses on the displays of all our home computers.  I laughed when I discovered what he had done. . .then paused:  after all, it wouldn’t be that hard for someone to remotely turn that camera on and secretly watch me and my family.  I left the tape on."

I have to admit that about six weeks ago, I put a sticky tab over the eye on my computer here at work.  Not that there is anything to see other than me getting older while earning money for other people to spend, but it's the principle of the thing.  

I felt a little silly doing it, but now it seems I'm not the only one.  At least it is that easy to foil the NSA on that one little pipeline to my world. 

2 comments:

  1. 'Yer forgot the sticker over the mic !!!!!!!
    And on your Kindle, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opps! Thanks for the heads up. I'll get to all that as soon as I get my tinfoil hat back from the cleaners!!

      Delete