Saturday, April 26, 2014

Yard sale loot

I had to take the truck into town this morning to have some work done, so on the way back, the 18 year old and I stopped at every yard sale we could see.

We scored some good swag.  

A tomato already flowering, and a Black Beauty eggplant, 1 dollar each.

A cool, hand held light that I'll stash in the truck, or maybe in the cave, 1 dollar. We tested it to make sure it worked before forking over the dollar. 

A cheap Chinese machete, which sheath, 6 dollars (we probably overpaid for that).

Finally, the best of all.  A small self published guide to jeep trails in Inyo and Mono counties ( on the eastern, desert, side of the Sierras), from 1969, complete with map and pictures, 1 dollar.




The kid striking a pose with the machete.  Eat your heart out, Danny Trejo!

We named it "The Kiss of Allah."

I'd say Saturday is already a success.





1 comment:

  1. Cee Dub! That Inyo Mono Jeep Trails book is excellent! It was written by Bill Mitchell in 1969 and I believe they are out of print. He wrote several such guides and I cherish mine. The one you show has a Bronco on the cover but when you look at his on trail photos he was driving an 80 Series Scout. I'm sure many of the roads he describes have long been closed by various gubmint agencies. Good find, great read...

    ReplyDelete