Sunday, May 25, 2014

Fox bark

Over the past few years, we have had a family of foxes in the neighborhood, and this last week they have been barking in or very near the backyard late at night.  They have a very odd and unique sound to their calls, exactly like this:



I've been afraid they might get our cat, who is very naive, and would probably want to sniff noses instead of run for his life.   So far the cat has kept out of trouble, but I don't trust him outside after about 11 given the nearness of our wild fox friends.

I might set up the trail cam and see if I can get a picture.   I think there are at least two of them.

2 comments:

  1. Some of it will depend on the size of the cat. I have trail cam video of a fox, a possum and a coon all eating from the same pile of corn. They each have their own corner and don't really pay any attention to the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you are right, cause I like my cat, and truth to tell, I also like that there are foxes running around at night. I'd like to keep both if I could.

      Delete